Sunday, June 7, 2015

The New Era of Fashion Blogs

Recently I researched fashion bloggers today and how the online phenomenon has changed. In the recent years fashion bloggers have ditched their blogs and moved to social media. More specifically, they are creating Instagram accounts as their blogs. With the increase in social media use for not only personal use, but in the business world, it doesn't surprise me that fashion bloggers would follow this trend.

The majority of fashion blogs is pictures anyway so Instagram is just making it more convenient for these bloggers. It is quick to upload pictures, easy to use and a great way to reach a large audience. Bloggers are given the opportunity to show their own style and identity to the world. The bloggers collaborate with companies to promote their products on their Instagram and it benefits these brands by marketing for them.


I don't think people realize the benefits of fashion blogging. I didn't even know they were as glamorous as they are. If you are serious about this, it can definitely be a career choice. How much do you think brands pay for a fashion blogger Instagram? Well blogger Danielle Bernstein makes between $5,000 and $15,000 to feature products in her pictures. Yes, that is a lot of money. Brands are willing to pay millions to get endorsements from bloggers because they know that their target consumers can be reached on Instagram.

Here are some popular fashion bloggers on Instagram.

Charlotte G. (@thefashionguitar)

Julie Sarinana (@sincerelyjules)

Camille Charriere (@camtyox)

Helena Bordon (@helenabordon)

When I presented my research people asked me if I had a fashion blog. I do have a fashion blog called College Couture. Like many bloggers said online, I agree with them that a blog is hard to maintain and and Instagram would be much easier. I don't currently keep up with my blog, but it is great to think of all the opportunities a successful fashion blogger would have.

Check out my website, Fashion Bloggers and their Move to Social Media, for more information about fashion bloggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment